But, good has come of it. Staying indoors has forced us to come up with activities to keep little Hannah busy (and preoccupied so she doesn't destroy the house...as much as she usually does). Though, I have to admit I'm pretty good at destroying the house without her, especially my bedroom. I hate hanging up my clothes! Well, let's get on to the good stuff. Here are some shots of Hannah from the past 2 weeks of our incarceration.
Today, we made Chocolate Chip Cookies! Hannah ate the chocolate chips while I made the cookies. Oh, and she found an apple to eat between chippies. She also helped make the dough balls & place them on the baking sheet (i.e. grab & smash them as she frantically tries shoving the dough in her mouth because I'm trying to get it from her).
As of 5 days ago, Hannah has become OBSESSED (that's an understatement) with "moo-ies" or movies. "Eh-moh" (Elmo) is her favorite in Sesame Street's "Abby in Wonderland," which we have actually watched up to 5 times in 1 day (that number would've been higher, but I insisted we do something else). She just parks it on her new Elmo potty & watches Sesame Street or Baby Einstein.

Here's Hannah enjoying a 3rd or 4th showing of "Abby in Wonderland" several days ago in a little bed Logan set up for her on the floor. Yes, she's chillin' with Bun-bun & eating Goldfish 'til her little heart's content!

And one afternoon, we pulled out the paints. I thought, "Surely she's big enough now." Uh-huh. She ate more paint than she actually put on the paper. Good thing it's non-toxic...I hope that's ok for her to eat! She's quite the little artist lately. I mostly let her draw with pencil & paper. At least once a day, she yells "daw! daw!" for draw, draw.
Oh, and if we're not "daw-ing" or watching a "moo-ie," Hannah wants to play the "ma-mo," or piano. We have a keyboard that Hannah is really, really good at working. That's the other activity we've kept busy with these past 2 weeks. I have to admit - I'm pretty proud of my little creative spirit. She impresses me every single day. And just in case you can't tell, I love her!
2 comments:
I love her too! We sure miss you guys.
What a cutie! You're such a good mommie!! The rain is driving us a little whacky - No sun until FRIDAY!? WHAT!?
But my three boys are very quick to "destroy" the house - I'm not so good to stay ahead of their "playing."
Post a Comment