Today marks the day that I finally got a desk! My computer has been sitting on top of my dresser since we unpacked. I've had a few requests for design work, but haven't been able to do much without a place to work. Well, this morning, I realized (it was actually divine inspiration) that if I removed the top of the hutch in my kitchen (which comes right off & I probably shouldn't have lifted it because of my current health situation but I was soooo excited), then I had a perfect little desk in the most perfect spot in my house. It was meant to be. The top of the hutch will serve as a bookcase (which by itself, looks like it's original purpose) in our office, which is, in all honesty, just the Lego room.
So, we're living in a sweet little town in Utah & I hate to admit that I love it here! But, if you compare it to the only two other places I've ever lived, you can see why I'm so thrilled by the area. We're surrounded by malls, restaurants, libraries, pools, parks, mountains, beautiful homes, trees, really friendly people and a beautiful community that works hard to keep it rural despite all of the economic growth. The Log-man doesn't have to drive the freeway to work and I get to avoid it as long as I'm not going to doctor appointments. And, did I mention we're so close to tons of our family? I love, love, love it. And to my family back east, I still think you'd love it out here!
Hannah loves her "new, new house" and has a room that was already all girled out in pink & flowers. I have a master bathroom (fancy, fancy) and a clean, open kitchen. Logan has his Lego room (which he still insists is the office, though we all now know the computer is in the kitchen). So, we're all taken care of.
So, that's where we've been. And hopefully we'll get to stay for a while...because I like my dishwasher.
No comments:
Post a Comment