Friday, August 13, 2010

Rain Or Shine


The weather forecast predicted thunderstorms for all of last weekend. "Great," we thought! "Let's go camping!" Actually, if it wasn't for Grandpa Ryan being so enthusiastic and not worried, I would've chickened out. Good thing I didn't because the weather was PERFECT! We had a few little 5 minute rain showers and some brief distant thunder at night. Besides that, the air was cool, the sky was sunny and the terrain was beautiful.

We camped up at Albion Basin in Little Cottonwood Canyon. It's known for fields of breathtaking wildflowers. People travel from all over just to see them. Well, we camped in them! Seriously, the flowers were surrounding our campsite. It was such a pretty place.

Little H was so excited to go camping. She loves being outside. We had lots of fun playing games with her, including puzzles, Go Fish & Pin The Tail On The Donkey. The latter was funny because she'd lift up the blindfold so she could see where to stick the tail. She also had a blast painting our fingernails with her little Crayola paints.


And if you were ever worried that you wouldn't eat well when camping, just go with Lark & Ryan - for real! We had tin foil dinners, sweet & sour chicken with rice, dutch oven peach cobbler, s'mores, homemade pancakes & syrup with bacon, skillet breakfast with potatoes, eggs, bacon & cheese - are you salivating yet? I am. Yeah, we ate like kings.

Others in attendance were Michelle, Ryan & Ashton - yes, Michelle went camping. That's a true testament to how much she loves me. I take some pride in that. ;) And, good thing Ashton was there because Hannah followed him EVERYWHERE! She loves him & he's so sweet with her.


Oh, and just in case you didn't hear, Cinderella was camping there, too. I'm not sure why, but Little H decided the water pump down the hill from our site was Cinderella's house. She made frequent visits to go see her.

It was such a fun trip! Thanks to everyone who went & made it happen! We love you!

1 comment:

Michelle Hatch said...

Yeah, I do love you!! And there is proof of the camping! I need to save that for posterity...