-"Yay! That would be a great idea...but, not a scary face - just a silly face."
The child is scared of EVERYTHING right now, especially these little Halloween books she owns because "there's a boy pretending to be a monster!" Here's an example of how she uses this to her advantage:
-"Hannah, please go use the potty."
-"But, I can't! I'm scared of the scary Halloween books! There's a monster!"
or
-"Hannah, please come pick up your toys."
-"I'm sorry - I just can't right now because the Halloween books are SO scary!" *squints eyes for enhanced effect*
I don't really see the correlation between potty, cleaning and scary books, but she does. And don't question the child - she's pretty smart. We must be missing something.
Anyway, we did carve the pumpkin &, of course, she wasn't really into getting her hands all slimy. We convinced her to reach in once &, other than that, we pretty much did the job ourselves. And guess what I realized?! I'm mildly allergic to pumpkin. My whole life, I've associated cleaning out pumpkin guts with burning, stinging, red hands. It goes away pretty soon after washing my hands. I thought everyone had that problem. According to Logan, I'm wrong. Good thing I can still eat the stuff - it's my very favorite ever.
So, the child has a happy, silly pumpkin & she loves it. Nothing scary this Halloween.
1 comment:
I have the same sting burning red hand problem! I just mentioned it to brett the other day, how crazy!
Must only affect the downright beautiful people.
Post a Comment