Friday, June 18, 2010

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming"

So, the child loves the water. She becomes absolutely elated, thrilled & ecstatic every time she gets in a pool. So what did we do? Enroll her in swim lessons (because my new town rocks & actually has outdoor swimming pools - sorry, Rexburg - you failed).

Every morning for the last two weeks, we've gone to the pool. It's been so relaxing to sit in the sun & watch the little fish grin from ear to ear as they play water games, practice "monster arms," and bunny hop across the pool (and if you know Hannah, you know hopping is her very favorite thing to do on dry ground). Every morning, the same ecstatic statement - the very first thing out of her mouth - came as I got her out of bed, "We get to go to swimming!!"

It was good for me, too, because I had a destination outside of our home every morning. I enjoyed the motivation & even made friends with a few of the pool moms. Pool mom - that's what I like to call myself & I feel pretty cool about it. What do pool moms drive? Probably minivans with leather interior (oooh) so the seats don't get completely soaked. Ha - beat that, soccer moms! ;)

On the last day of swim class, the kids got to "jump" off the diving board. Decked out in a life jacket, Hannah walked the plank, unaware of what she was about to do, completely innocent and trusting. And then, bam - the swim instructor pushed her off the edge!! Ha - no, actually that would be terrible. Here's a video of how it really went down:

2 comments:

Michelle Hatch said...

Oh, such a cute little fish! And what a good pool mom! Ashton loves swimming - maybe we should take our kids to the pool this weekend :) Love you!! - Michelle

Devany said...

The little girl I nanny and Hannah would be good friends. She is also a water baby. They even kind of look alike :) Glad to read some updates!