Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Child's Self Portrait


While waiting for dinner, the child was drawing on her daddy's resume at the kitchen table. Suddenly, he starts waiving his arms at me to look up and see her drawing. Here it is. Adorable. It's her self portrait, complete with an "H" for "Hannah" on the shirt. She doesn't spend much time drawing because she gets really frustrated that she doesn't have the control to draw more accurately. Usually, she'll draw a lumpy circle, stop to examine it & then quickly scribbles over it frustration. Many times, she throws down her crayons & laments, "Mommy, I just can't do it! It's too hard for me!" So, she mostly requests that I draw things for her - people to be specific. I always think, "She should be doing this - not me!" But, apparently she's just been studying. This is seriously how I draw people for her.

Ok, so after we scanned the drawing to the computer & cropped it, I called her over to see. She was so pleased we had put it on the computer & exclaimed, "I-I-I wonder if we could cut it and put some string through it and it could be a necklace for me to wear!!" Haha. So, that will be our little craft for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Breanne and Brandon said...

She is amazing! I love her! That is so dang cute!